Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Soccer time!! FR-NL

It's the story of a French-Dutch couple going to a soccer game.., France-Netherlands

My very first soccer game in a big stadion. And that in the prestigious Amsterdam Arena.

Last Monday, France played against the Netherlands in a qualification game for next World Cup. And I was there with my Dutch husband.
So, you could see it both ways: as a French expat, both my countries are playing against each other and for me that means winning anywway... Or good reason for a fight at home!

But no, we're a civilized mixed couple :-)

For the fun he dressed in orange and I wore my 'France' tee-shirt and blue colors. I did sing the French national anthem loud and clear and didn't care for the 'looks' I got. Yep, I was one of the only Frenchies around. The French supporters were sitting on the other side of the stadion. But I also sang (parts of) the Dutch anthem (thank you karaoke version on the big screens).

The short version is as follows: France won!! Of course I was delighted, but barely noticed the goal cuz there were not enough French supporters to clearly hear them. And to be honest, I would have like the Dutch team to score as well so I could feel the excitement in the whole stadion. You have to admit: the Dutch supporters are probably the best and most enthousiastic in the world.

Well, the conclusion is simply that I had fun and would love to go to another game!


No comments:

Post a Comment