Thursday, September 29, 2016

A sunny Sunday afternoon in Amsterdam

September the 25th: the sun is shining and the temperatures are still quite summery. So what to do on a Sunday afternoon?... Bike to Amsterdam of course!

I have the chance to live at only 30 to 40 minutes bike from the city centre. While biking through a part of the Amsterdamse Bos (Amsterdam Forest), I feel so lucky with where I live. It's leafy, quiet and busy at the same time, with people lying in the grass, playing football (soccer) or biking around with their kids. Just a few minutes further, we arrive in the busy city centre and while a tram full of tourists passes by, I feel proud to be living here and to be biking around in this wonderful city.

And what to do in Amsterdam on a sunny Sunday afternoon when you're a 33-year-old woman? Shop of course!! I didn't shop till I dropped though cuz I was with my husband and didn't feel like dragging him for too long in shops, but just enough to go home happy and with two jeans, a shirt and a hat.

But we also enjoyed the weather on a terrace. Actually at one of my favorite spots in Amsterdam. De Drie Graefjes! It's just right next to the Dam and the Royal Palace, in a small street, so typical of Amsterdam. And there you can enjoy the  best cookies, pies, muffins and cupcakes of the city. Hmmmm I love it there!!

And you know what's so great about all that? You don't feel that guilty about enjoying a delicious red velvet cupcake because you're biking back home!





No comments:

Post a Comment