Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Yet another festival...

Exactly a week after Mysteryland, I went to yet another festival: Lief Festival in Utrecht. 'Lief' meaning 'sweet/nice' in Dutch. And I have to admit that it was pretty 'sweet' and 'nice'.

I'd been there last year already with a couple of friends. And as we liked it, my friends offered me tickets for this year's edition for my birthday... Yeah, I know! I've got great friends!
And what a great birthday present it was!!

While I spotted and heard quite a few groups of French speakers at Mysteryland, that wasn't the case at Lief (except myself and my two French friends with our own Dutchies). But no big surprise, because Lief is a smaller festival and less known... That doens't mean it's not as good!

While Mysteryland impressed me by being so huge and overwhelming, Lief impressed me by its intimacy and atmosphere.

Once again, the Netherlands have proven to be such a wonderful country for festivals.

The weather was good, the setting wonderful, right by the water, the people extremely friendly and the music fantastic. We didn't stop dancing until the music stopped and we had to go home.

We started at a quieter area while the sun was shining. Just dancing and chilling on house music, before moving to the main stage. What a blast we've had!! With DJ's such as La Fuente and Sick Individuals, we danced until we couldn't feel our feet anymore. And the fireworks at the end were just the cherry on the pie!

What a country, what a day, what a sweet, sweet festival!
See you next year Lief!


No comments:

Post a Comment