Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Season confusion


During my childhood in France, I remember how annoying it was to see school stuff appearing in supermarkets while we were still enjoying summer holidays. But it seems to be getting worse every year. Now you see school stuff for the new school year in every store before the current school year is even over. That means in June, when kids are still in school!

Dutch stores don't seem to be better with their timing. I guess they experience some kind of season confusion. My head is still on holidays, wishing for a beautiful Indian summer and there they are: "Strooigoed". Stores are already getting ready for Sinterklaas (Sint Nicolas)... But do they know that schools have just started and that this beloved Sinterklaas won't be in the Netherlands before November??

Why is that? Are they too impatient? Confused? Eager to sell?
All I know is that I find it confusing... Just respect the seasons.







No comments:

Post a Comment